Monday, January 11, 2016

3 Main Reasons On How The Power Of Gratitude Can Help You

        3 Main Reasons On How The Power Of Gratitude Can Help You



     With the New Years under way I realized that I need to discuss the reasons on why I have an new found perspective within my life. I have come across already within these two weeks with several people who have lost someone important in their life with death. It always amazes me on how mortal we humans are and on how grateful I am to be alive every day, not for me only, but for my loved ones and children.
     That is when I wondered on how "Being Grateful" can actually help someone throughout their day. I researched different articles and realized that yes the feeling of Gratefulness can actually help you in various ways.

According to: Forbes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/amymorin/2014/11/23/7-scientifically-proven-benefits-of-gratitude-that-will-motivate-you-to-give-thanks-year-round/ 

  1. Gratitude Improves Your Mental Health- There has been studies that show that being grateful reduces Toxic emotions such as envy, regret, resentment, and frustration. Think about it, do you want to live with these negative emotions. 
  2.  Gratitude increases mental strength. For years, research has shown gratitude not only reduces stress, but it may also play a major role in overcoming trauma. Let's face it, Life Is Tough and one of the ways that will help us live life better is to learn on how to overcome our obstacles positively. 
  3. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression. Grateful people are more likely to behave in a prosocial manner, even when others behave less kind, according to a 2012 study by the University of Kentucky. Doesn't it sound better that it is the other person and not you that is always loosing it's cool, and not getting upset all the time. 

I have personally in the past years attempted to regularly a Gratitude Journal and write down daily or at least as frequent as I can the things that I am most grateful for. For example: My health, children, husband, friends. We never know what tomorrow will bring so therefore, I am so Grateful for what I have today.

What things are you grateful for? Have you tried any strategies of Gratitude and how has it worked for you.


  

Email:
brokenchains@pacc-tx.com 

Website: www.pacc-tx.com
Facebook:
Positive Awakenings Counseling Center
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacctx
Broken Chains Blog:
http://positiveawakenings.blogspot.com/













 

1 comment:

  1. I know that being grateful was difficult in the beginning, but after time it just became a normal sort of habit and have resulted in a happier peaceful me.

    ReplyDelete