Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Power of Sacrifice


The Power of Sacrifice
I don’t know if it is because Easter is just around the corner. But I have lately been thinking about the meaning of sacrifice. I look online and I find that it means.

·      A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. Parents sacrifice time and sleep to take care of their children, while kids might sacrifice TV time to hang out with mom and dad.


When I drop off my child at school, I notice all the parents or family members dropping off their loved ones and wishing them a good day with a hug or a kiss or a pat. I see that no matter the difference in values or opinions one may have. Each one has one thing in common. They sacrifice themselves for the better cause of their children. Some parents may sacrifice in their looks by showing up without make-up just to make it on time to drop off their child to school. Well at least I do J. 
            Sacrifice is what makes whatever you believe in worthwhile and living for. That is what helps shape meaning and purpose to someone’s existence. After all if there was no sacrifice then what feelings would there be left with.
            So I guess I tell myself, that by having my children, I have sacrificed my leisure time, physical appearance, money and so much more. But in the end it has made my values of responsibility, respect, and family have meaning and purpose.

So think back to what you have sacrificed and on how that has shaped your values of what you believe in and on how that has brought purpose to what you do.

What do you think? Has that helped you in any way?
  

Email:
anita@pacc-tx.com 
Website: www.pacc-tx.com 
Online Counseling: www.positiveawakeningsonline.com
Facebook:
Positive Awakenings Counseling Center
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacctx


Anita Sandoval MA, LPC-S

No comments:

Post a Comment