Wednesday, October 21, 2015

How to Break the Fear of Fear Itself


Hello, my name is Anita Sandoval, I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, and from the Rio Grande Valley. My job is to help people come up with techniques, skills, strategies, to implement and move forward to a healthier environment. It is up to you to be responsible and do what is necessary to create your own healthy environment, and I am ready to help you do so.

Today's Topic is Fear:

As one famous person said:

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR’s First Inaugural Address 

I would always wonder what that meant. I mean I am a person who fears many things. From spiders, to unforeseeable events and many more. The question was, was I not entitled to have fear. How can fear be overcome. Then I slowly after much reading I realized that fear is something that we have in our minds that we make it to be as big or small as we choose it to be. I read a book called, Punch Fear in the Face by Jon Acuff

and I then started to realize that fear is what was holding me back into being the person I so wanted to become. I realized that breaking through to my imaginary troll of fear I would then reach my destination of success. As with everything I do that I fear, I tend to go with baby steps. I know there are some people that fully immerse themselves to what they fear a type of sink or swim type of deal. That's great for them but for me I like to take things small that way the risks are small whether great or not I like like to work that way. 

I have come to realize that throughout life that the only way I can move forward is by facing fear head on and beating it with a punch. I recently published my book BROKEN CHAINS ( How I broke the cycle of abuse and neglect and went from victim to survivor) It's scary to see your whole life out there for everyone to see and judge and criticize. Then I realized again that the only way I can make a difference to people is by being authentic to myself and realize that the only person I have to come to terms with with love, respect, and acceptance, is with myself. 

So for anyone who is ready to break the cycle of abuse and neglect and create healthier relationships send me an email on how you can purchase my book. 


If you have any concerns, questions or would like to comment on any of the blogs or would like for me to discuss a certain issue, I will be more than happy to discuss it with you. You can email me at

Email:
brokenchains@pacc-tx.com or on www.pacc-tx.com as well
Facebook:
Positive Awakenings Counseling Center
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacctx
Broken Chains Blog:
http://positiveawakenings.blogspot.com/


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment