Monday, March 21, 2016

Frustration Vs. Impatience


Frustration Vs. Impatience

 Young Man Holding Head In Hand Stock Photo
Does it every happen where you work and focus and try your best and the results just doesn’t seem to match those efforts. It’s kind of like a diet, where you eat healthy and exercise and when you look at those numbers on the scale, well those numbers just doesn’t make sense. The feelings of FRUSTRATION kick in for me!

I type in frustration on Google and this is what I get: the prevention of the progress, success, or fulfillment of something.

Yep, sounds about right to me. It’s easy to get caught up on these moments, but what makes it difficult is when people, stay in those negative feelings too much and allow it to define them. I wasn’t about to allow my feelings to overcome my thoughts, and that is when I then realized. I guess the true feeling underneath the frustrations was that I am learning on how to be patient.          

I then typed in impatience on Google and this is what I got: not patient; not accepting delay, opposition, pain, etc., with calm or patience.

Yes, that sounded better. I just have not mastered the art of being patient. In a noisy type of society where everything is convenient, fast-paced and gotta have it now. It’s hard to develop the skill of patience.

Nonetheless, I breathe, go back to my goals, strategies, and analyze the way I have been executing them and then evaluate its results with a skill of patience in mind. I am aware that if I include time and patience in those latter components, everything will fall into place. 

  

Email:
anita@pacc-tx.com 
Website: www.pacc-tx.com 
Online Counseling: www.positiveawakeningsonline.com
Facebook:
Positive Awakenings Counseling Center
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacctx


Anita Sandoval MA, LPC-S




No comments:

Post a Comment